incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: photo gallery software (previously called Caitrin)
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 09:00:54 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Angela Cymbalak
> <a.cymbalak@nechtan.org> wrote:
>> ...I just haven't figured out how Sling may play into that
>> and what that means for the actual storage mechanism.  Does anyone from the
>> Sling project have any thoughts on this?...
>
> Sling should make it very easy to create photo gallery software, the
> JCR repository observation feature for example, makes it easy to
> "listen" for incoming files and process them, to generate thumbnails
> or alternate renderings. And the WebDAV interface is very convenient
> to drop files into the JCR repository.
>
> Sling's RESTful scripting and/or servlets should also make it easy to
> provide a REST interface on the photo gallery.

I wrote a simple gallery example with Sling for my JCR talk in
Amsterdam. I still didn't have time to make it "clean" from the code
point of view so that it can serve as a good example for Sling :(
But it's still on my todo list and I hope to get it done this week...

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org