incubator-general mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Do we really need an incubator?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:06:47 GMT
The two are different things. I agree about the technical problem (and
can add a dozen of other Maven-related things that drive me crazy as a
user). I don't agree that ignoring this problem by the Maven folks
constitutes a violation of some Apache policy. So let's approach it in
an open source way - try to persuade Maven committers to pay attention
and/or contribute the code to fix the problem. I guess that's what we
are doing already in this thread, but I just wanted to steer clear
from the notion that Maven PMC has an obligation to the ASF to fix it.

Andrus