incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Tashi
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 02:04:51 GMT
On Thursday 24 July 2008 05:23, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> In other words, I'll vote -1 on any Proposal for non-person entities
> X, Y, and Z to form an incubator podling, and I know several other PMC
> members who will do likewise.

I disagree. IMHO, wording in the proposal is irrelevant. If they have known
this and written it differently, without any material change behind the
words, what is the difference?

Now, I think that Incubation is all about proving that there indeed is a
healthy community behind the project, and will be one of the major graduation
criteria, but I don't see why proposals with more experienced authors are
given green light and others are booted.

> This looks like a very interesting technology,

For me, this is an entry criteria,

> collaboration by actual persons A, B, and C (who happen to work for
> X, Y, and Z)

... and this would be the graduation criteria.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er