incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Do we really need an incubator?
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 21:09:22 GMT
Sorry...Need to take this off my chest before the official VOTE.

Looking at the maven repo thread, begs the question. Do we really need
an incubator?

Isn't it just a IP Clearance SVN now once people have their way with
no distinction at all between incubator and non-incubator code?

What incentives are there left to graduate? How come a little bit of
pain that makes something obvious to end users is such a no-no? Why is
it such a big deal to remove one tiny pebble in their path? A lot of
folks have made it thru...including CXF. gathering users on the merits
of their code/community. It's not like the pebble stopped users from
trying things out. So what's the big deal?

My 2 cents,

Thanks,
dims