incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martin Cooper" <mart...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple concerns reviewing BlueSky podling website
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 20:38:43 GMT
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2008, at 4:18 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:
>
>  - The BlueSky podling website have a download page, that is pointing
>> to non-apache bluesky released artifacts. I think this is at least
>> very confusing, as it can allude users to think this is a endorsed ASF
>> release. Is this OK ?
>>

> I don't see a problem with links to pre-ASF releases. BlueSky is not unique
> in this respect. There are a number of Apache projects with long pre-ASF
> history. So including links to such releases is totally appropriate. However
> a clear indication on the page that those are the releases made outside
> Apache is a good idea.

Not only is that not being done, but if you follow the link to, for example,
"Learn more about XPlayer", you will land on an ASF page all about XPlayer
that has a License link that displays the Apache License 2.0, whereas
XPlayer is, as I understand it, GPL licensed. That seems like a pretty
serious no-no to me.

--
Martin Cooper