incubator-general mailing list archives

From Henning Schmiedehausen <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Click Incubation - Status
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 14:46:58 GMT
I feel your pain and I know that Cayenne was in a bad spot because of
this. But if we can ease the process for others, why not?

Let's take this to legal-discuss and see what comes out. After all, that
is where the lawyers lurk.

	Ciao
		Henning

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 10:42 -0400, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> On Jul 30, 2008, at 10:32 AM, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
>
> > My personal understanding here is, that Ahmed (and any other
> > contributor) contributed that code to a project that is already under
> > AL2. So there is no need to track down the contributors and/or rewrite
> > code where the contributor can not be tracked down. The AL allows
> > relicensing under AL2 ( :-) ), so the code in the repository is fine.
>
> The policy may have changed, but the above was NOT true when Cayenne
> was incubating. What I suspect is happening is that there is no
> *policy* as such, and instead we have a range of opinions.
>
> What you (and Roy) are saying makes sense to me, but it goes against
> everything I know about the practiced IP clearance process at Apache.
>
> Andrus

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | JEE, Linux, Unix
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache Java Software
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    |

INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350
Gesellschaftssitz: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen

  char name_buf[257];           /* max unix filename is 256, right? */