incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira>
Subject RE: SVN move
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 10:59:47 GMT
On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 21:23 -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Where I think that there is a problem is when they ditch their old
> > infrastructure and exclusively use ASF's infrastructure to build,
> > maintain, and release non-ASF releases.  To be sure in the case of
> > JSecurity the final artifacts will not use the ASF mirrors but that
> > does not  hide the fact that they intend to build and maintain non-ASF
> > releases exclusively using our infrastructure.
> It should be fine to use our infrastructure to hold the source code, as long
> as we don't have license pollution issues.  They cannot use it to do
> releases.

Can you clarify what you mean by 'releases'?

They cannot use it to do ASF releases, or to do any releases at all?

i.e. would it be acceptable to do a SourceForge release based upon code
in the ASF repository?

That is the clincher in this discussion.

Regards, Upayavira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message