incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <>
Subject Re: photo gallery software (previously called Caitrin)
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:01:09 GMT
On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 10:00 PM, Angela Cymbalak
<> wrote:
>...I just haven't figured out how Sling may play into that
> and what that means for the actual storage mechanism.  Does anyone from the
> Sling project have any thoughts on this?...

Sling should make it very easy to create photo gallery software, the
JCR repository observation feature for example, makes it easy to
"listen" for incoming files and process them, to generate thumbnails
or alternate renderings. And the WebDAV interface is very convenient
to drop files into the JCR repository.

Sling's RESTful scripting and/or servlets should also make it easy to
provide a REST interface on the photo gallery.

Docs and examples for Sling are quite thin at the moment, but a photo
gallery would be a good example indeed, and Sling is looking for more
contributors. If you're willing to give it a shot over there, we'll do
our best to put you on the right track.

-Bertrand (Sling committer)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: