incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:21:04 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 07:35:44AM +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> I don't think you need votes from *all* your mentors to pass the
>> release vote, but having no mentor votes (which has now been fixed by
>> Ted's vote) was worrying.
>
> This confuses me a little, I thought that to pass the Incubator VOTE we needed
> three +1 votes, and that committers votes are non-binding....

Only votes from Incubator PMC members are binding, so you need three
of these, but it is not required that those three are mentors.

We like to see mentors actively involved in releases (at least I do)
because that shows that they're following their podlings, and allows
the Incubator to scale by delegating to mentors as much as possible.
But it's not a requirement to have +1s from all your mentors - people
are sometimes understandably busy with other things (such as Life
Outside The ASF ;-)

-Bertrand