incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <>
Subject Re: maven-repository cont.
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:43:48 GMT
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Brian E. Fox <> wrote:
> 1.      Incubator releases go into Central

I think having the "incubator" or "incubating" word in the version
name brings sufficient awareness to the users.
While ServiceMix was in incubation, we had sometime a hard time to
tell our users that being in incubation has nothing to do with the
quality of the code, but rather with IP and mostly community building.
  Given we had to explain that, it is clear our users were aware that
the project was still incubating.

> 2.      Regular releases cannot use Incubator artifacts

Guillaume Nodet

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message