incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: photo gallery software (previously called Caitrin)
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:32:21 GMT
Angela Cymbalak wrote:

> I am convinced that Jackrabbit is the direction to go for the
> mid-tier of the application.

My only question is whether or not we lose anything from that decision, but
if I didn't think that the JCR was the right way to go, I wouldn't have
brought it up.

> I just haven't figured out how Sling may play into that

RESTful interface and ready-made framework for building applications that
use the project, perhaps even substantial parts of the project, itself?

> and what that means for the actual storage mechanism.

Sling is a frontend to the JCR, so that would seem to follow without
consequence.

	--- Noel