incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] 72-hour lazy consensus for podling committer + PPMC member votes (was: INCUBATOR-57 aka IPMC votes...)
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 18:33:50 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Craig L Russell wrote:
> > Would it be worthwhile to capture this discussion in a patch to the
> > offending paragraph?

> We can capture both sentiments.

Yes.  But at the same time as Bill and I agree that:

> there's a concrete basis as-policy for not having public committer votes
> which is against the interest of the projects themselves.  I'd make a
> general statement about discussing merit or chastising people on public
> lists, saving those for the private list or sidebar private criticism to
> help the individual see how they can improve their communications on-list.

we should remember and capture that Roy raised valid points about having the *vote* be public,
albeit after private discussion.  It seemed that the idea was to discuss it in private, and
only vote in public if it was clear that the vote would go smoothly.

	--- Noel