incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-repository cont.
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:25:15 GMT

On May 30, 2008, at 11:38 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> For the most part Geronimo is consumed as a whole and this hasn't
> been an issue.  For those modules that are re-used there hasn't been
> any issues.  You need to be aware of that.  If they checkout and
> build the project locally the artifacts copied into your local repo.

Those Geronimo components that are consumed by other projects are
released separately from our server releases (e.g. geronimo specs,
transaction, and connector). There is still the potential for problems
(unanticipated reuse of artifacts). We work on removing these
dependencies...

--kevan

> On May 30, 2008, at 10:19 PM, Brian E. Fox wrote:
>

>>> In this tree we placed the time dependent artifacts so someone that
>>> wanted to rebuild a release later on could by simply checking out
>>> the
>>> tag.  When the build was done the repository project was built and