incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <>
Subject Re: INCUBATOR-57 aka IPMC votes to ratify PPMC committers
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:45:43 GMT
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Noel J. Bergman <> wrote:
> Henri Yandell wrote:
>> I very much like the idea of the PPMC -> Incubator PMC relationship
>> modeling the board whenever possible.
> Keeping in mind that the PPMC has no actual standing, so the vote still
> requires the standard 3 +1 and more +1 than -1 from PMC members.  Which is
> why we always encourage podlings to have at least 3 Mentors.

I disagree.  I'm fine with a PPMC voting to add a new committer as
long as the mentor(s) has approved it.  There's zero reason for the
number three - if at least one member of the Incubator PMC is
executing direct oversight and the rest of the Incubator PMC has the
opportunity to execute oversight, then I'm satisfied.  Enforcing 3
mentors is just damn silly, IMO.  -- justin

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message