incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 72-hour lazy consensus for podling committer + PPMC member votes (was: INCUBATOR-57 aka IPMC votes...)
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:00:51 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> we should remember and capture that Roy raised valid points about
>>> having the *vote* be public, albeit after private discussion.  It
>>> seemed that the idea was to discuss it in private, and only vote
>>> in public if it was clear that the vote would go smoothly.
>
>> Offhand I don't recall his post, does anyone have a link?
>
> Does this help?
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200507.mbox/%3C6.2.1.2.2.20050707111451.0b5fa170@pop3.rowe-clan.net%3E

Yup - thanks.  So what happened to the mega-folded single list for
podlings-private@incubator.apache.org?  :)

The issues Roy raised were broader than committer votes, the whole thread
was more a matter of avoiding new podlings from falling into the backroom
discussions trap.  Are we good on that front across podlings, or need some
changes at this time to reflect more activity out at podling-dev lists from
podling-private lists?