incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 72-hour lazy consensus for podling committer + PPMC member votes (was: INCUBATOR-57 aka IPMC votes...)
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 04:07:15 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
>> It's been three days since Craig posted his patch, and no objections
>> have been raised.
>
>> Craig, could you commit your patch so that we can close this issue?
>
> Did anyone actually count the vote?  I have no problem with Craig's patch, but did anyone
actually vote for it?  ;-)

I have one small problem, and was otherwise +1 on the final proposed text;

 > This approach is considered inferior by many because it is a source of
 > discord to have a public vote like this fail or take a very long time.

fuck that shit.

The reason public votes are inferior is that some of the IPMC members may
be reluctant to share their private issues or opinions of a prospective
committer on a public forum, period.

There is no other reason for not voting in public.

Given that we are the gatekeepers of incubating efforts at the ASF, all
matter of relevant information needs to be presented when considering a
new project, a new committer or the final graduation vote.