incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Again: The Maven Repository
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 15:28:07 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:

>> This work too. Depends on the existing user's base, I guess ?
>>

> Which was in the thousands for Wicket at the time, with numerous
> systems in production.

and it makes perfect sense to follow your way in this case. How many
users does JSecurity has ?

Regarding the potential incubation failure, I would say that the cost of
a double migration will be overwhelmed by the killing effect of this
failure. It's a little bit like picking the lawyer to manage your
divorce before the wedding :).

However, with thousands existing users, like for wicket, it makes sense
too (I don't know how many lawyers Bill Gates consulted before being
married ;)

At this point, the JSecurity team will have to make the best choice.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org