incubator-general mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Publish Apache Sling
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:59:47 GMT
The Apache Sling community voted on and has approved a proposal to
release Apache Sling. Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation
Policy we would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC
to publish the tarball on the Sling Download page (this will be
http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/download.html).

You can see in the Sling mailing list that we had quiet a lot
discussions about the legal aspects (NOTICE and LICENSE files mainly)
which caused us to cancel the vote, fix the issues and cut new
candidates twice. But with the help from Roy (Fielding), we have now a
candidate that fulfills the requirements and that we all unanimously
agree on.

As the vote result mail is not in the mail archives yet (there seems to
be some delay), here's the result:
------------------
The vote on the release of Apache Sling passed successfully with twelve
+1 votes from:

Christophe Lombart (*)
Carsten Ziegeler (*)
Dominique Jäggi
Paul Noden
Juan José Vázquez Delgado (*)
Greg Klebus
Padraic Hannon (*)
Felix Meschberger (*)
Erik Buene
Bertrand Delacretaz (*)
Jukka Zitting (*)
Karl Pauls (*)

The people marked with * are members of the PPMC.

No other votes were cast.
-------------------

Please cast your votes!

Thanks
Carsten

Proposal, vote thread and vote result:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-sling-dev/200806.mbox/%3c48579169.4090508@apache.org%3e

Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org