incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Les Hazlewood" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate JSecurity Project
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:26:47 GMT
Just a clarification:

JSecurity can be used in any environment - web or not, container or
not.  The reason why the Filter approach is best known is that it is
the easiest to set up - Filters allow an 'interceptor' mechanism that
is common to any web container.  When not using a Filter, you must use
AOP/interceptor mechanisms often specific to the containers themselves
- but it can be done (and is done) in environments today.

So, there is no limitation based on environment.  I've even had
end-users say they're using JSecurity in a cell phone!