incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Podling status files
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:44:30 GMT
On 10/06/2008, Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:49 PM, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>  > On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 15:23 -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
>  >> Martijn Dashorst wrote:
>  >> > I see a trend in podlings not filling in their status files. Shindig
>  >> > and Pig both have the bare template as their status file. Can someone
>  >> > (e.g. the mentors of said projects) update the status files please?
>  >> > I'm hoping for a completely checked status file, but in the very least
>  >> > I'd expect a list of initial committers augmented with the committers
>  >> > that were added after incubation started. A list of actual mentors is
>  >> > also welcomed.
>  >> >
>  >> > Martijn
>  >> >
>  >> >
>  >>
>  >> While we are on the subject, many people also do not do a svn up before
>  >> they update
>  >> their status files, etc and revert other projects files. I will not name
>  >> names, but please make
>  >> sure to not revert other projects status files when you update your project
>  >
>  > Are you sure that's it? SVN won't allow you to commit to a file if there
>  > are commits that you haven't even updated.
>  >
>  > What I think is happening is that folks are committing changes to the
>  > HTML, and then someone does it right - they rebuild the HTML from XML,
>  > and commit the HTML over the top of those changes.
>  >
>  > That isn't the fault of the person who reruns Anakia, that is the fault
>  > of the person who edited the HTML directly.
>

> should this be checked in the build script...?

How would that work? What can the script check?

Perhaps worth adding a big banner to the start of the HTML files
warning people not to update them directly. This is what has been done
for the Apache site. However people sometimes still miss the warning,
possibly because the warning comes after the AL header.

But worth a try ...