incubator-general mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-repository cont.
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 14:52:40 GMT
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Brian E. Fox <brianf@reply.infinity.nu> wrote:
>  >

> > 1.      Incubator releases go into Central
>

> +1
>
>  I think having the "incubator" or "incubating" word in the version
>  name brings sufficient awareness to the users.

But Maven does not warn about using incubator versions.

If you are adding a direct dependency on an incubator version, then
the user may understand the significance of the word. Or they may not,
depending on whether they understand the jargon correctly.

But if the dependency is a transitive one, then the user does not get
to know about this (unless they scan the maven log very carefully)