incubator-general mailing list archives

From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject Re: photo gallery software (previously called Caitrin)
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:10:00 GMT
There has been a lot of going back and forth.  Originally there
seemed to be little interest at the Incubator so I was talking to the
Roller folks.  There is some interest over there but a disagreement
on how to write the code.  At the same time there started to be
interest at the Incubator again and the idea is starting to take
hold.  Then I got really busy...  Now I need to start re-working on
the proposal since other discussions have taken place and the idea is
becoming more formed.

As for the front end, the current idea is to expose the data held in
the repository as a Web service.  I would be more than happy to see a
Flex front end built that is a client to the Web
service.  Personally, I would like to see an AJAX front end, but I
know that some people dislike the lack of security around AJAX.

I like Hans' suggestions for the name as well.  If there are other
ideas for a name, feel free to throw them out there.  I would like to
find something that is interesting, yet allows someone to easily
determine what the project is.  That is proving to be a big challenge.

Angie