incubator-general mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 0.8.0-incubating release
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 18:16:54 GMT
On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:07:13AM -0700, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Yes, Paul's vote is binding.

Great, thanks.

> This section was put in place to avoid companies making PR out of simply
> contributing code to Apache and then abandoning the project, having
> gotten "free" PR.

Understandable.

> Yes, the PRC at apache dot org needs to approve all announcements. You
> can contact them (us) any time for assistance (but you will probably
> have to write the press release yourselves).

Okay sure, I am still confused about what to do next.

  1) Call RESULTS of this VOTE.
  2) Move the release artifacts to a.o/dist and update couchdb/downloads
  3) Prepare a release announcement and clear it with the PRC
  4) Send release announcement to ???

Which of the following do I send the announcement to:

  announce at a.o
  announce at i.a.o
  couchdb-user at i.a.o

Thanks,