incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: INCUBATOR-57 aka IPMC votes to ratify PPMC committers
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 08:08:18 GMT
On Friday 06 June 2008 09:26, Craig L Russell wrote:
> Just so I'm clear on the proposal, if the PPMC votes in private, and
> no Mentors or PMC members vote, the vote passes with 15 non-binding +1
> votes, and no binding votes, then lazy consensus (no +1 vote from any
> PMC member) admits a new committer to Apache?

No.
See Noel's comment(s).
All committer ballots require 3 +1 from PMC members. How can this be so easy
to misunderstand?

If the podling don't have 3 PMC members voting +1, then they should raise a
flag (which is a concern in terms of perhaps the Mentorship needs
strengthening). If the posted not to private@i.a.o doesn't contain 3 binding
votes, then there is no ACK...

Cheers
--