incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Podling status files
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:49:38 GMT
On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 15:23 -0400, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> > I see a trend in podlings not filling in their status files. Shindig
> > and Pig both have the bare template as their status file. Can someone
> > (e.g. the mentors of said projects) update the status files please?
> > I'm hoping for a completely checked status file, but in the very least
> > I'd expect a list of initial committers augmented with the committers
> > that were added after incubation started. A list of actual mentors is
> > also welcomed.
> >
> > Martijn
> >

> While we are on the subject, many people also do not do a svn up before
> they update
> their status files, etc and revert other projects files. I will not name
> names, but please make
> sure to not revert other projects status files when you update your project

Are you sure that's it? SVN won't allow you to commit to a file if there
are commits that you haven't even updated.

What I think is happening is that folks are committing changes to the
HTML, and then someone does it right - they rebuild the HTML from XML,
and commit the HTML over the top of those changes.

That isn't the fault of the person who reruns Anakia, that is the fault
of the person who edited the HTML directly.

Regards, Upayavira