incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IP-Clearance] Seeking a volunteer for Tiles Kaolin (again, and impatient)
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 13:01:16 GMT
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 7:38 AM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/12 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
>
> >  the incubator helps those who help themselves ;-)
>  >
>  >  providing you prepare all the leg work, i'll take a look at it.
>  >
>  >  please start by checking an artifact containing the imported into JIRA
>  >  and then both sign and submit the software grant. once you've done
>  >  that, please fill in the form and add that as an attachment. this
>  >  needs to include a reference to the acceptance VOTE. once that's done,
>
>  Thanks Robert for this suggestion, but, I think that these suggestions
>  should be put inside the IP clearance page.

the IP clearance page is a bit of a controversial subject here ATM but
i don't really want to get into that now

> I really could not wonder that I had to do this.

the process is designed to be done by an officer. IMO filling in a
form and posting two emails isn't much to ask from a chair. the IPMC's
role is just to check that the details have been recorded. the
incubator has no role in the actual execution. everything else should
be handled by the project PMC.

- robert