incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject [docs] Export Documentation [WAS Re: cut the crap]
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 20:30:03 GMT
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:14 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>

> > > One more;
> > >
> > >     Determine www.a.o/licenses/exports implications
> > >     for notifications.
> > >

> > No.  That is not part of IP clearance, sorry, and I will not repeat all
> > of the process associated with being a chair within something as trivial
> > as a secretarial function (connecting the dots between the legal paperwork
> > and import).  We have better places to document the role of a chair.

the incubator is a reasonable place for educational material about the
role of a chair but it shouldn't be in the template

>  Ahhh of course, we are reading the process from two different perspectives.
>
>  Code-import, you are right.  Each PMC chair was just given the exercise to
>  review the /licenses/exports documentation and determine if their code was
>  implicated in that policy.  I have no issues with leaving it out of the
>  IP clearance doc.

it bares repeating and should be discussed in the incubator
educational material. i've added some content to the strawman draft
i've been working on (http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html
once it's sync'd). keep an eye out for the more focussed development
of the documentation later.

- robert