incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: maven repository
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 15:38:11 GMT
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Jeremy Haile <jhaile@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> So it seems that a valid question is whether or not publishing to one
> repository or another indicates an endorsement.

Yes, that's certainly a valid question.  Again, that's just my
personal point of view.

The biggest problem with incubator projects (again my opinion) having
releases is the IP clearance.  Perhaps there should be multiple stages
of incubation.  The first stage should be where you verify the IP
clearance and projects in that stage shouldn't be allowed to do
releases at all.  Then they might graduate to the next stage and that
would be a "community building" stage where we make sure the project
has enough community around it.  These projects should be able to
provide incubating releases.