incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate JSecurity Project
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 12:04:34 GMT
Isn't there something that states that an incubating project needs to
be novel or provide something that's not already provided by another
library (with an open-source license)?  I have looked at the JSecurity
proposal only briefly, but it seems to me that most of what it aims to
provide is already provided by Spring Security (a.k.a. Acegi).
Although, Spring Security is somewhat bound to the Spring framework
(they implement InitializingBean and stuff), so that might be what
JSecurity is trying to provide, a container-agnostic security