incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edw...@udanax.org>
Subject Mentor recruit for Hama project
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 00:27:16 GMT
Hello all,

The Hama team is looking for a couple more mentor volunteers in
addition to our current volunteers (Ian & Jeff). We really want to be
accepted into incubator status and we realize we need to learn more of
the culture of the Apache community so that we can work effectively
with the Incubator and with the other communities that are important
to our proposal (Hadoop, Hbase and Mahout).

The Hama domain of parallel matrix computation is very challenging and
has been the target of significant mathematical and computer science
research. We believe that the benefits of supporting large matrix
computations efficiently on very large scale Hadoop clusters are
immense and we have great enthusiasm for this endeavor. With hard work
and the support of the larger Apache community we believe we can be
successful.

--
Best regards,
Edward