incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alexis Willemyns" <alexiswillem...@gmail.com>
Subject JEUT Champion Recruitment
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 13:57:05 GMT
Hello all,

I was a little bit hesitant before posting this project proposition. But
let's go! I hope that this attempt will be a success.

JEUT stands for "JPA Entity Unit Test" and is currently in development. So
there is no public website and the code is ended up to 70%. JEUT is a
testing framework for JPA entities and its main goal is to automate the test
of entities without the need to write long and boring home tests.

The mission is to provide a framework which is able to test the matching
between entities using annotations and/or xml descriptors and the real
database. A framework 100% compliant with all the existing annotations in
JPA, for the current version 1 (and the future version 2... in the future).

JEUT analyzes all the annotations and creates instances of entites with
random values. It tries to persist these instances via the entity manager
and reports the problems if existing. JEUT can be used as an extension of
JUnit or TestNG, or maybe all others test frameworks.

For the moment, the team is only composed with me, and I have discussed with
my self about what is means to become an Apacha project. I am aware what are
the conditions, responsabilities and impacts to become an Apache project. I
am looking a Champion to go in the proposal phase (if the proposal makes
sense) and to build a community around JEUT.

Thank you for any feedback and recommendations (and sorry for my english
coming from Belgium).

I look forward to your responses.

Regards,

Alexis Willemyns