incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Haile <jha...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Incubate JSecurity Project
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 14:07:52 GMT
> I like this idea!  We have an application that has a Swing client and
> we talk to the server via Spring remoting.  This shared session idea
> sounds intriguing.  I might have to look into switching to JSecurity!
> :)

If you're interested in the Swing-web session interaction check out
our Spring sample application.  (in the codebase it's under samples/
spring).  It deploys a web application from which you can launch a
webstart Swring app.  You can then update a value on the webpage and
refresh it in the Swing app, or visa-versa.  It shows off the
simplicity of using JSecurity sessions across these two different
environments.