incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q: ip-clearance step 5
Date Sun, 18 May 2008 18:08:54 GMT
On 5/18/08, Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Where do I commit the code and in what form? I have a kitten-auth.zip
>  > file, should the zip file be committed or the unzipped code?
> apache needs a record of the checksummed artifact. this is likely to
>  be the zipped code.

I've attached it to a JIRA issue
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1610).

But the IP-Clearance form asks for the code to reflect the new
copyright information:

"Check and make sure that the files that have been donated have been
updated to reflect the new ASF copyright."

This means I shouldn't commit the zipped code, but the code itself,
modify it to make it ASF policy compliant, and then hold the
acceptance vote?

>  (IMHO the process is too heavyweight and needs revision)

Heavyweight is not the biggest problem. It is mostly confusing and
contradictory.

Martijn