incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: maven repository
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 16:01:42 GMT

On May 15, 2008, at 4:34 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Brett Porter
> <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/5/15 Robert Burrell Donkin <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>:
>>> It would be possible to create an incubator only repository in a
>>> subdirectory www.apache.org/dist/incubator/maven, say. Or we could
>>> just simplify everything by allowing incubator projects to use the
>>> standard repository.Opinions?
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/

IIUC, there are two differences between an incubating project
depositing its artifacts into a special incubating repository versus
the standard:

1. The incubating repository is not mirrored to the world, so
incubating artifacts don't pollute the maven-o-sphere.

2. The incubating repository needs to be added to the maven remote
repo definition of each project that wants to depend on an incubating
artifact.

I think both of these have minor positive effects. So I'm really +0.3
on using a special incubating repository.

Craig