incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Champion wanted for Empire-db project
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 12:50:28 GMT
I would start by asking on the general
Apache DB mailing list: http://db.apache.org/mail.html.

--Thilo

Rainer Döbele wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We would like to donate our relational data persistence component called Empire-db to
the apache software foundation. According to the Incubator documentation we need to find a
Champion who can help us with the incubation process.

> Even though with iBatis, JDO and Torgue there already are several database related projects,
we think our Empire-db could be a great extension to the ASF project list as it works considerably
different in many ways. Most of all Empire-db uses a Java Object Model rather than XML-Mappings
or Annotations to describe the database schema. Therefore all Tables, Views, Columns and so
on are Objects which can be referenced from the code to dynamically build SQL commands or
to access Data model metadata - entirely without the need to provide string literals. This
in turn significantly increases compile-time-safety and simplifies testing and maintenance.
Additionally uses benefit from the IDE's code completion when building column transformation
expressions or constraints.

> Empire-db is a mature project which has been proved its capabilities in many medium to
large scale projects. However we have only recently made it Open Source under Apache 2.0 License.

> There is a lot more information on the Empire-db website on http://www.empire-db.org
>
> If anyone would like to act as a Champion or knows someone who could be a suitable Champion
we would be happy to get his/her contact details and further instructions.