incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <>
Subject Re: maven repository
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 16:22:41 GMT

Craig L Russell wrote:
> On May 15, 2008, at 4:34 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
>> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 8:04 AM, Brett Porter <>
>> wrote:
> IIUC, there are two differences between an incubating project depositing
> its artifacts into a special incubating repository versus the standard:
> 1. The incubating repository is not mirrored to the world, so incubating
> artifacts don't pollute the maven-o-sphere.
> 2. The incubating repository needs to be added to the maven remote repo
> definition of each project that wants to depend on an incubating artifact.
> I think both of these have minor positive effects. So I'm really +0.3 on
> using a special incubating repository.

That's where opinions differ on whether this is a positive
effect.  One might argue that incubator releases go through
a very thorough release screening process, and there's no
reason to make them so hard to get afterwards; certainly
not from the point of view of the incubating projects who're
trying to build community around their code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message