incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Thrift Status?
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 20:44:59 GMT
Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM, David Reiss <dreiss@facebook.com> wrote:
>
>> I also have not received an answer to my question about SVN.  When
>> existing projects are moved into Apache, is their full VCS history
>> normally imported, or just the latest version.  If the former, I will
>> need to talk to an SVN expert because Thrift's SVN history is a bit
>> complicated.
>
> depends: some choose to, some choose not to

And if you choose to (it is encouraged), and some committers don't come
across, it's just a matter of transforming the committer name, e.g. we
have some tom-sourceforge style uid's out there that are just placeholders
for former committers.

infrastructure@apache.org is the best way to ask for help with the import.

Bill