incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Les Hazlewood" <>
Subject JSecurity Champion Recruitment
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 18:55:33 GMT
Hello all,

I've been a lurker for a while, attempting to get an overall feel for
the incubator process, and this is my first foray into (hopefully)
making things a reality for our project, JSecurity.

JSecurity ( is a "powerful and flexible
open-source Java security framework that cleanly handles
authentication, authorization, enterprise session management and

Our mission is to "provide the most robust and comprehensive Java
security framework available while also being very easy to understand
and extremely simple to use."

The JSecurity development team has discussed at length about what it
means to become an Apache project and what it would mean for our team
and the future direction of the project.  After having read the
incubator processes and policies at length, we are now prepared to
engage with the ASF.  This is our formal attempt at recruiting a
Champion in the hopes of acquiring guidance into the proposal phase,
understanding the ASF in more detail and maybe eventually becoming a

Mission Statement & project origins:
High level features overview:
Community support - forums, mailing lists, jira:

JSecurity is Apache 2.0 licensed.

Thank you for any feedback and recommendations.  We look forward to
your responses.

Best regards,

Les Hazlewood
JSecurity lead & project founder