incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: maven repository
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 13:22:23 GMT

>Maven artifacts can also specify a "classifier."  Perhaps the
>"incubating" part could be a classifier?

Only attached artifacts can have a classifier, not the main one, so
unfortunately this won't work. I think having a different groupId is the
most logical choice... something like org.apache.incubator.xxxx

The good part about this is that when the project graduates, the id will
change and this will prevent people from inadvertently getting a
pre-graduation artifact if they use ranges. (assuming we don't allow a
relocation to be specified from the old to the new group id)

--Brian