incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Fox" <bri...@reply.infinity.nu>
Subject RE: maven-repository cont.
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 13:19:53 GMT

>we've been arguing for years about ease of use verses informed choice
>for users of incubator artifacts. not sure that any consensus has been
>reached. the current policy just introduces friction (until someone
>uploads the artifact to the central repository).

So are we considering informed choice to be transitive? The informed
choice is a red herring in the case of regular Apache releases depending
on the incubator artifacts. If they add the incubator repo to their pom,
then most users of their artifact won't even notice it. Only those that
are using repo managers or other policies are getting trapped by this.

--Brian