incubator-general mailing list archives

From Angela Cymbalak <a.cymba...@nechtan.org>
Subject draft proposal for Caitrin
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 15:51:19 GMT
I have started writing the draft of the proposal for Caitrin which is
the photo gallery software I had mentioned a few weeks ago.  As I was
writing the proposal it has become more clear to me that what I have
is code and not a community, although I believe a community can be
built around the project.  There was also a mention on the Roller
mailing list a while ago with a suggestion to add this functionality
into Roller.  However, I think that this type of application has
merit to stand on its own because it can be used so many places.

Should I continue down the road of writing the proposal, knowing I
have no community to offer, just code or should I join the Roller
community, contribute the code there and then try to spin off a
larger project later?  I'd really appreciate some feedback from the
incubator community on this.  The Caitrin proposal it at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/CaitrinProposal

Thanks,
Angie