incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Location for released maven artifacts of incubating projects (was: Need to create distribution directory on people.apache.org)
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 06:07:52 GMT
Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 14.05.2008, 21:40 +0100 schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:25 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > On a related note, is it also ok to create a qpid directory in
> > /www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/org/apache and
> > copy our maven artifacts into there?
>
> that's a little bit of a controversial subject :-)

I am kind of confused now ;-) Maybe I am just not on board long enough
to have seen respective threads. If you just could point me to these, it
would be helpful to me (and possibly others ?).

Here is my POV: As an incubating project - speaking of Sling in my case
- I have to create artifacts with the word "incubator" as part of its
version. I am also assuming that released artifacts for use by Maven
should be deployed to the m2-incubating-repository, whereas snapshots go
to m2-snapshot-repository (used by both incubating and non-incubating
projects AFAIK).

The reason to not put incubating project artifacts into the
m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository is that the incubator project releases are
not really full-blown ASF releases.

I am asking this because we will also have to cut a release in Sling in
the near future and would also like to deploy the maven artifacts.

Thanks and Regards
Felix