incubator-general mailing list archives

From Janne Jalkanen <Janne.Jalka...@ecyrd.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Status?
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 20:18:15 GMT
> I also have not received an answer to my question about SVN.  When
> existing projects are moved into Apache, is their full VCS history
> normally imported, or just the latest version.  If the former, I will
> need to talk to an SVN expert because Thrift's SVN history is a bit
> complicated.

We discussed this within JSPWiki, and both were options.  In the end,
we decided to import the entire history - which is nice since we can
point people now to a single place even when they are checking for
issues with older versions, and they can see the diffs properly and
so on.

But if your history is complicated, then maybe it might make sense to
import only the latest version.  Up to your community to decide, I
think ;-)

/Janne