incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: cut the crap
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:42:10 GMT
I had a catastrophic failure of my mail server yesterday (the / partition failed to the point
where fsck could not recover).  Just catching up, using a backup server, and had to go to
the archives to find the traffic:

Robert wrote:

> If the IP template should be RTC then it should be moved into the
> policy area. But IMO the incubator is not the right place for
> normative legal policy: the legal committee should maintain policy.

I agree with you.  That was my point.

> I agree with Roy. The educational aspect obscures the function. The
> current template is in need of revision since it satisfies neither
> goal.

I've no disagreement with that at all.

And Roy also says:

> This is not a legal document.
> This is, at most, a secretarial function that is being done so that
> we have a place to look for dotted i's and crossed t's.

Should be, but which i's and t's?  There was a lot of debate on that when the thing was done.

Bill says:

> But given that Sam's volunteered his committee to take this on and
> asked that you back it out, I'm sure he'll find the volunteer to
> see it through.

That's probably the best route, all things consideered.  Where was that offered?  I didn't
see that in the archives.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: