incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: cut the crap
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 20:13:11 GMT
On Apr 21, 2008, at 11:55 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> I've wasted too much time today on the stupid IP Clearance template
>> that insists on asking a bunch of irrelevant questions about
>> decisions that the Incubator is not responsible for making.
>> The required IP clearance questions should be:
>>    Date:
>>    Identify the Contribution:
>>    Identify the Contributor(s):
>>    What are the filenames for the applicable
>>      software grant(s):
>>      Corporate CLA(s):
>>      Individual CLA(s):
>>    Location of initial import:
>>    Destination PMC:
>> That's it.
>
> One more;
>
>      Determine www.a.o/licenses/exports implications
>      for notifications.

No.  That is not part of IP clearance, sorry, and I will not repeat all
of the process associated with being a chair within something as trivial
as a secretarial function (connecting the dots between the legal
paperwork
and import).  We have better places to document the role of a chair.

Robert's separation of guide and template was a good start, though my
version of the template is much smaller.  This is not a legal document.
This is, at most, a secretarial function that is being done so that
we have a place to look for dotted i's and crossed t's.

....Roy