incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve the 1.1 release of Tuscany SDO
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 01:08:59 GMT

On Apr 10, 2008, at 8:42 PM, Luciano Resende wrote:

> The files that have this license are listed in the LICENSE [1] file
> (search for "Apache Tuscany SDO for Java Subcomponents") and I also
> see a mention of osoa.org in the NOTICE [2].
>
> Is this what you were looking for ?

For files without src license headers, I was referring to files like:

  ==C:/Tuscany/Distros/SDO/1.1-rc4a/tuscany-sdo-1.1-incubating-src/
impl/model/SDO.mdl
  ==C:/Tuscany/Distros/SDO/1.1-rc4a/tuscany-sdo-1.1-incubating-src/
impl/src/test/resources/customer1.xml

Looks like most are test files. I won't quibble much about the test
files. Easiest (in the long run) to add license headers, IMO. Not sure
what to make of the SDO.mdl file.

Yes, I saw the simple osoa.org attribution in the notice file.
However, IMO that is not sufficient. I think the NOTICE should contain
the copyright info and I believe the OSOA license requires it. From
the OSOA license:

1.    A link or URL to the Artifacts at this location:
http://www.osoa.org/display/Main/Service+Data+Objects+Specifications

2.    The full text of this copyright notice as shown in the Artifacts.

I would add both of those to the NOTICE file.

--kevan