incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cut the crap
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:14:51 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> One more;
>>
>>      Determine www.a.o/licenses/exports implications
>>      for notifications.
>
> No.  That is not part of IP clearance, sorry, and I will not repeat all
> of the process associated with being a chair within something as trivial
> as a secretarial function (connecting the dots between the legal paperwork
> and import).  We have better places to document the role of a chair.

Ahhh of course, we are reading the process from two different perspectives.

Code-import, you are right.  Each PMC chair was just given the exercise to
review the /licenses/exports documentation and determine if their code was
implicated in that policy.  I have no issues with leaving it out of the
IP clearance doc.

For a code import into a podling, you would be wrong; Noel (singular) isn't
in a position to know what's happening in 2 dozen podlings, so this needs to
be spelled out in the process status/flow of the incubating projects.

So happy to leave IP clearance alone.

Bill