incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 06:03:16 GMT
Hi Niall,

Niall Pemberton wrote:
> Firstly, I'm +1 on this release. I have a few minor
> comments/suggestions which you may want to consider for the next
> release (or not!)
>
> 1) Theres a parent pom for apache which if you make the parent of the
> uimaj pom means you don't have to duplicate the license and
> organization details in your poms:
>    http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/

sounds good, we'll look into it.

> 2) The source distro unzips to directory "uimaj-2.2.2-incubating" and
> the binary distro to "apache-uima" - which is inconsistent.

I don't recall if there was a reason for this, but I agree,
seems odd.  We'll follow up on uima-dev.

> 3) IMO its better if the jars include the version number - which they
> do for the maven repo, but not the ones in the binary distro

I personally agree with you, but we had a long discussion about
this and the "no version numbers in jar names" faction carried
the day.  I believe the main reason is that it makes upgrading
to a new version easier, or switching between versions for
testing purposes.

--Thilo