incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Size of websites in incubator.apache.org
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:22:36 GMT
Good day,

As part of rolling out the new backup server for the infra team, I have
discovered that several podling sites are extremely large.

Namely:

119M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/activemq
324M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/cxf
102M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/directory
166M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/lucene.net
587M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/openjpa
299M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/servicemix
166M    /x1/www/incubator.apache.org/uima

I am singling out all sites that over 100MB in size here.  Can someone
please check the contents of these directories?  I appreciate that some
of them have graduated from the incubator and as such, these datasets
are either redundant or should be archived.

I would appreciate a definitive directive as to what should be done with
  these directories.

I will also be updating the documentation on how to handle
graduation/removal from the incubator.  I'll send an update once this
has been done too.

Cheers,
Tony