incubator-general mailing list archives

From Thilo Goetz <twgo...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: More timely release reviews? (was: Re: [VOTE] Approve release Apache UIMA 2.2.2-incubating
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:18:25 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2008 17:46, Paul Fremantle wrote:
>> the mentors to be the
>> "primary contacts" for any podling.
>
> +1. With 3 active mentors, you practically need no other PMC members to wake
> up (let me sleep ;o) ). If you don't have 3 active mentors, then that IS a
> problem of concern, and should be fixed asap.
>
> Does the mentors know that they are mentors??

They do, and they have reviewed our previous releases.  They do seem
even busier than usual, though...

> I haven't seen Ken around for a long time, and I guess Sam is really busy with
> his duties as Secretary. So perhaps, UIMA should ask the PMC for 3 new
> mentors...

I think an additional mentor or two would be really
helpful.  First of all, we only have 2.  Secondly,
we've not been making the kind of progress we'd like
to make.  A fresh view would be very welcome.

That's my personal opinion, other UIMA devs please chime
in...

--Thilo